Build 16 for Samsung Galaxy S has finally arrived. We will be providing with a detailed tutorial to update your mobile device. If you follow the steps given below than you can easily update from Build 15 to Build 16.
Note: It is just a test version and is not a fully-fledged version. You can try this only if your curious to see the new ICS version. And remember that this is not an Official Firmware update.
Disclaimer: We have tried our best to help you and we are not responsible for an damage or mishap with Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. And also this update is only applicable of Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and not on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000T / Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000B.
Remember: Follow all the pre-requisites carefully and instructions should be strictly followed if you want to update your mobile without any errors.
Change Log of Build 16
- In Build 15 there is a regression that Super user application crashes
- Also, Data Roaming is enabled by default
- Back camera doesn’t record geo tagging
- While changing resolution, camera crashes
- New: WM8994 Extensions (aka “Voodoo Sound”) is now configurable from DSP Manager
- Run the device on USB Debugging Mode. This can be done by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the checkbox.
- Charge the battery to atleast 60% or more so that the device wont turn off during the update process.
- Uninstall all the security suits so that they don’t pop-ups and interrupts in between the update process.
- Last but not the least, backup all your important data so that it doesn’t gets lost
- Backup text messages by Using “SMS Backup & Restore app”
- Backup Phone Contacts by Syncing with the Gmail application
- To backup Internet and MMS Settings then Go to Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Copy Pictures, Videos, Songs and etc to internal / External SD Card
Steps to install ICS Android 4.0 Build 16 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000
- First, download Build 16 ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware Zip Package, Google Apps with Face Unlock and Google Apps Fixer Package and in your computer. Now connect Galaxy S and copy the 3 files in your SD card and dont copy them in sub folder as it wont get detected in recovery mode.
- Your current device firmware should be XXJVU Firmware. You can check it from “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” and verify that your current firmware version is only XXJVU Firmware.
- Turn Off your mobile and enter the recovery mode by “Pressing Volume Up key+ Menu Key + Power ON the device”.
- Now you need to clear the cache. You can do this by going Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” > Build 16 ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware Zip Package,Google Apps with Face Unlock and Google Apps Fixer Package in the same order as mentioned. Wait for 10 minutes to get these files processed.
- Select “++++ Go Back ++++” and after reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”
- In the recovery mode, as soon as all the files are processed, then the device will boot again. It will take upto 20 minutes to update.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” in recovery mode to clear the cache and after that select “++++ Go Back ++++” and reboot the device by selecting “reboot system now”.
Now you can enjoy Build 16 ICS Android 4.0 in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.